Relaxing, Healing, Reassuring – this is the effect that human touch can have on our body, mind and soul.
Tired from work? Worked hard at the gym? Injured? Or has it just been a stressful few weeks.
Massage can be great in many ways – the benefits are endless. Our therapists are trained and experienced with massage therapy to help you no matter what your issue. Our reputation for being a leading soft tissue specialist in Newcastle speaks for itself – take a read and look how our massage sessions can benefit you.
What is Massage Therapy
Massage has a long and detailed history which dates back over 5000 years to India - where they used it to heal the body, relieve pain and aid in the prevention and cure of illnesses. Countries such as China, Japan and Egypt have all developed massage and treatment techniques which were popular in their cultures.
In Ancient Greece massage was popular with the Roman Empire for treatment for the emperors, soldiers and gladiators as a way of healing injuries or preparing them for battle. Hippocrates known as the “Father of Medicine” recommended massage combined with fresh air, proper diet and exercise in order to heal injuries – which to this day is still a very popular method!
We preach the same message – life is all about balance and massage helps us provide some of that balance by taking care of our body.
Massage has developed over the years and the type you require can vary depending on what you need it for:
We have 4 different styles to choose from:
Check out all of these pages individually for more in depth information to see which one is right for you.
Book An Appointment
Our booking process is so simple! To book your Massage Therapy treatment in Newcastle, click the book now button, select a date, select a time and then confirm! You will receive a booking confirmation email along with a email and text message reminder 24 hours prior to your appointment. Let us do the work.Book Now
Benefits of Massage Therapy
We should be using massage as a way to help our body, mind and soul. Because there are so many benefits it’s hard to argue why you wouldn’t have a massage. Depending on your own situation – you may choose massage for a specific reason and or benefit which is specific to you. We have made a comprehensive list of the benefits of massage - take a look and see if any of them can be a help to you.
- Helps to Manage Pain – if you have new or long term pain, massage helps to control and reduce pain levels.
- Reduces Muscle Spasm – you may have a painful muscle spasm which is stopping you, massage helps to reduce spasm and relax the muscle tissue.
- Break Down Scar Tissue – recent and old injuries can benefit from massage to help breakdown and re-model scar tissue to allow the soft tissue to work to its full potential.
- Increase Blood Circulation – movement of soft tissue encourages blood to move more freely – which is essential for all of our body’s functions and healing.
- Improve joint range of motion (ROM) and flexibility – relaxing our soft tissue around our joints can help to improve how much movement we have – this is particularly useful if you are tight and have a restriction of movement in a certain area.
- Increased sense of well-being and mental health management – the benefits aren’t physical they’re equally for the mind and the spirit. Relax your body and quiet the mind.
- Better sleep – you may feel tired after a massage and we can guarantee a great sleep after leaving the clinic relaxed.
Is Massage for Me?
First of all, massage is for everyone. It really depends on how you think it could benefit you and your lifestyle. Here are a few scenarios which are common for our clinic
- Maintaining your body after it’s tired from working out or getting the best recovery for your training regime to make sure you perform.
- If your body has developed pain or is tired from your working routine – massage can help to reset your body and make you feel re-energised. Don’t let the aches and pains build up in to a chronic problem – take care of them as you go!
- Stressed? Have things gotten on top of you lately or if it’s just been a hectic period in your life – the mental benefits of massage help you to manage your mental health.
It is important to mention that if you have a temperature, skin infection or wounds or any malignancy - massage is not suitable as it can exacerbate symptoms and make you feel worse. Our main focus is our client’s safety and wellbeing – we always perform a pre-treatment questionnaire which makes sure treatment is suitable for you.
What is Involved?
Your session starts with a pre-treatment questionnaire to take essential details and ensure you are suitable for treatment and to determine what you would like to gain from the session.
Our therapist will ensure you are appropriately dressed and covered with towels so that you have a relaxed and comfortable treatment session.
Massage typically involves a selection of hands on techniques which helps to mobilise and manipulate the soft tissues of the body. There are a wide selection of massage movements our therapists use, depending on the type of massage and your goal.
How Will You Feel After Treatment?
Relaxed, happier, looser, less painful – the list is endless but it’ll always be a positive experience. Check out our 5 star reviews which shows why people continue to return to MSK Sports Injury Clinic Newcastle.
We always aim to meet our client’s needs and this is important for us to know when you come for treatment. Whatever your goal and purpose for massage – we can help to meet your expectation.
Choose the option that best suits your treatment needs and goals. Longer sessions may be beneficial if you have multiple body areas you need attention and shorter sessions can place more focus on specific areas or injuries you need help with. 60 minute can be options are great for an initial session, de-stressing and letting your therapist get to know you before working on a long term plan. 30 minute sessions depending on the type of massage can be perfect for regular maintenance treatments which can help to keep you in top condition.
Why Choose Us
Massage Therapy Prices
|Treatment||30 min||60 min|
|Deep Tissue Massage||N/A||£49.50|
|Post-Event Massage||N/A||£49.50||Pre-Natal Massage||N/A||£49.50|
MSK Sports Injury Clinic
15 Aston House
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
Telephone: 0191 241 4373
Opening Hours: Mon: 07:00-20:00, Tue: 07:00-20:00, Wed: 07:00-20:00, Thur: 07:00-20:00, Fri: 07:00-20:00, Sat: 07:00-12:00, Sun: 07:00-12:00,